Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Twelve Days of Chistmas


What are the 12 days of Christmas?
  • They are the days between the birth of Christ and the coming of the Magi, the three wise men. 
  • It begins on December 25 (Christmas) and runs through January 6 (the Epiphany, sometimes also called Three Kings' Day). 

                   

On the First day of Christmas my true love sent to me
a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Second day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves 
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Follow the pattern

12. On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming
11. Eleven pipers piping
10. Ten lords a-leaping
9. Nine ladies dancing
8. Eight maids a-milking
7. Seven swans a-swimming
6. Six geese a-laying
5. Five golden rings
4. Four calling birds
3. Three french hens
2. Two turtle doves
1. And a partridge in a pear tree.

Traslation

Una perdiz en un peral
Dos tórtolas
Tres gallinas francesas
Cuatro pájaros piando
Cinco anillos de oro
Seis ocas empollando
Siete cisnes nadando
Ocho sirvientas ordeñando
Nueve damas danzando
Diez señores saltando
Once gaiteros tocando la gaita
Doce tamborileros tocando el tambor

No comments:

Post a Comment