Thursday, February 13, 2014

St Valentine's Day: an easy reading quiz + Some Quotes

Short text to practise vocabulary related to St Valentine's Day

Quotes
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
 “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”

― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
“You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.”― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper
“We love the things we love for what they are.”
― Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment