Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Expressing Instructions and Requests

INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUESTS: CAN, COULD, WILL, WOULD
Make coffee (please)
Make coffee, will you?
Can you make coffee?
Will you make coffee?
Would you make coffee?

Could you make coffee? (very formal)
I’d like to ask you a question. 

Would you mind helping me? 
Do you think you could help me?

Practice. Rewrite the sentences.
  1. Will you help this lady with her bags? Do you mind.....                    
  2. Stand up. I wonder if....                                                  
  3. Play it again. Do you think.....                                           
Solutions:


1.Do you mind helping this lady with her bags?
2.I wonder if you could stand up. (formal)
3.Do you think you could play it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment