Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rephrasing for batxillerat: solutions

Solutions to the rephrasing worksheets:

26.             Michael suggested playing computer games.
27.              She asked him if he was coming to the party on Friday.
28.             They have been living in New York for two years.
29.             You mustn’t smoke in hospitals.
30.           In spite of the horrible weather, we went skiing.
31.              I wish I had more free time these days.
32.             It’s been a year since I met that famous writer.
33.             If Wendy had studied for her test, she wouldn’t have failed.
34.             She ordered / begged / asked the students not to speak so loud.
35.             As we don’t have enough money, we won’t buy that house.
36.             That is the man whose brother is my new English teacher.
37.              Steve suggested telling Paul about it.
38.             If I had made a note of it in my diary, I wouldn’t have forgotten about it.
39.             Although she ran well, she lost the race.
40.            Her boyfriend may come to the wedding.
41.              Beth stopped smoking last December.
42.             My new neighbours have got a baby whose name is Wendy.
43.             Despite being over seventy, Orson continued to cycle to work every day.
44.            It is eight years since I read a play by George Bernard Shaw.
45.             Sharon’s mother recommended going out in the afternoon.
46.            The fireman was able to rescue the child from the burning house.
47.            The suspects aren’t obliged to say anything by the police.
48.            How old is your grandfather?
49.           It is years since she enjoyed herself so much.
50.           I’m really looking forward to going to the theatre tomorrow.
51.             She’s having the windows mended.
52.            It’s not as good as I thought it would be.
53.             She told us not to be late.
54.             If she had studied hard for the exam, she wouldn’t have made a lot of mistakes.
55.             His jokes are better than hers.
56.             We may be together soon.
57.              English is spoken all over the world.
58.             I wish I had told him everything.
59.             Fiona, who is my boss, is smiling in the picture.
60.           Although it was very hot, she was wearing her winter clothes.
61.              I would like to have been invited.
62.             My house is being painted now.
63.            I wish I had got a car.


No comments:

Post a Comment