Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Who or Whom?

Grammarly.com
If you’re like most English speakers, you know that there’s a difference between who and whom, but you aren’t sure what that difference is. We’re here to help.

Who should be used to refer to the subject of a sentence.
Whom should be used to refer to the object of a sentence.

When in doubt, try this simple trick: If you can replace the word with ‘he’ or ‘she,’ use who. If you can replace it with ‘him’ or ‘her,’ use whom.

Here are two examples:

Who ate my sandwich? (Did he eat my sandwich? Did she eat my sandwich?)
Whom should I talk to about labeling food in the refrigerator? (Should I talk to him? Should I talk to her?)


                 Who vs. Whom: It’s Not as Complicated as You Might Think by Kimberly Joki • September 11, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment