Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Idioms with PINK

(be)in the pink (of condition): in very good health
My grandmother was in the pink of condition when I saw her.

look at the world through rose-colored glasses: to see only the good things about something, to be too optimistic
My friend always looks at the world through rose-colored glasses and he does not believe that some people are dishonest.

pink slip: a termination notice from a job
I received my pink slip last week and I am looking for a new job.

see pink elephants: to see things which are not really there because they are only in your imagination
The man was seeing pink elephants according to those who listened to his story.

tickled pink: to be very pleased or delighted by someone or something
My mother was tickled pink that you visited her when you were in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment