Tuesday, April 7, 2020

1st ESO. TASK 1



1.Complete the sentences with  the possessive pronouns: my / our / your / his / her / their / its.

a. I like …… job.
b. Sally is married.……… husband works in a bank.
c. I know Mr. Watson but I don’t know………… wife.
d. Put………… coat when you go out. It’s very cold.
e. ………… favourite sport is tennis. I play a lot in summer.
f. My sister plays tennis too but..… favourite sport is athletics.
g. We’re staying at a very nice hotel...…rooms are very comfortable.

2.Complete with the present simple of the verbs in brackets:

Every morning Tom (1)____________ (wake up) at quarter past seven.  He (2)___________  (put) on his track suit and (3)___________ (go) jogging for twenty minutes. He (4)____________ (go) home and (5)___________ (have) breakfast with his family.  He __________ (take) a quick shower, (6)________________ (put) on his uniform and (7)____________ (leave) for school.  Tom and his sister (8)__________ (catch) the school bus at twenty past eight.  School (9) ______________ (not start) very early, it (10)_____________ (start) at half past eight. Tom has got two good friends: Simon and John. They (11)_____________ (love) spending time together. And you, (12)________________ (you-like) sharing time with your friends?

3.Rewrite the words in the correct order to make sentences with adverbs of frequency:

1. usually / shower / they / a / in / have / morning / the
2. the / often / students / late / arrive 
3. doesn’t / normally / hang / she / out / her / friends / with
4. sunny / Spain / it / often / is
5. summer / children / ice cream / usually / eat / in 
6. happy / on / I / always / am / holiday

4.Complete with the present simple or continuous of the verbs in brackets:

a. Sh! The baby _____________ (sleep) and you _____________ (speak) very loudly. 
b. What ______________ (you / do) with that stick? It can be dangerous.
c. Excuse me, you _______________ (sit) on my chair.
d. She _______________ (not want) to buy a new car because she _____________ (love) her old Fiat.
e. Teachers ______________ (correct) hundreds of exams every year.
f. I _______________ (not like) sharing my room with my brother.
g. __________________ (the students / work) hard this term?



No comments:

Post a Comment